Battle for the Edge is the third expansion pack released in School of Dragons. It was released on Dec. 18th 2015, as part of version 1.17.
The original price is 1000 Gems .
Battle for the Edge was released ahead of the premier of the second season of Dragons: Race to the Edge, which, according to the game's developers, provided the inspiration for this expansion pack.
Basic Plot Edit
Dragon Hunters are attacking Dragon's Edge and nearby Islands, capturing and injuring the dragons that live there. Your Viking is enrolled to help build up Dragon's Edge's defenses, and helping the dragons that fell under the Dragon Hunters attacks. You'll also explore different islands, learning more about the survival strategies of different dragons, adapted to different environments. You'll also meet the Archaeologist again, at a new digging site on one of the islands.
Meanwhile, a stranger arrives at Dragon's Edge offering help: Harald Forkbeard. Is he to be trusted?
What You Get Edit
- Access to all the new Islands
- Your own customizable Hideout: this can be purchased on its own, for the players that don't want the expansion. It's found in the shop under Treasures -> Expansions -> Viking Hideout Map (200 gems, or 160 gems for members). Hideouts were billed as a major highlight of this expansion pack, to the point of receiving their own contest on the official School of Dragons forum
- An adult Armor Wing dragon (Lvl. 1, but able to fly)
- Apparel: Disguise Helm, Vest, Pants and Shoulders
- Dragon's Edge*
- Armor Wing Island
- The Dark Deep
- Glacier Island
- Hobblegrunt Island*
- Mudraker Island
- Scuttleclaw Island*
- Zippleback Island
- Dragon Hunter camp (Quest only)
*Access to this island is free to all players, no purchase of the expansion required.