The Flightmare is a Mystery Class dragon released on August 6th, 2014. It can be purchased for 750 gems (600 for members).
As for V2.3.0, in the intro sequence, the Flightmare is one of the four Secondary Starter Dragons that can appear caged, most likely to unlock the Stable Missions without needing to buy a new dragon (the player still has to choose their actual starter dragon).
From the How to Train Your Dragon Wiki:
- "The Flightmare is a medium-sized dragon that has a very ghost-like appearance. Its body is covered in tiny spots that almost resembles the night sky.
- "From what has been seen, the Flightmare is a very aggressive and territorial dragon, being very protective of it's territory and food sources. Seeing how Flightmares are build for speed and defense, they usually avoid fights with bigger and stronger dragons. Flightmares have been shown to be quite determined, as the Flightmare in Fright of Passage kept chasing his opponents, and was willing to search food over long distances. They seem to be quite reclusive and avoid contact with humans, unless, they get in the way of their algae, or if they think that they do."
For more information on the Flightmare, click here.
In Quests Edit
Quest: Skrill Diversion Edit
The dragon itself is not seen in this quest, but a Flightmare nest is found. Flightmares apparently nest inside icy caves, in a cold (polar) environment like Scuttleclaw Island. The nest is a large and flattened mound of snow, and the dragon lays a single egg.
Quest: Plan in Motion Edit
The player is reminded that the Flightmare produce a paralyzing mist, that has glowing properties. This mist can freeze and be stored as ice on the walls of the nest cave. The Flightmare ice retain its glow, and looks like blue ice. The paralyzing properties are only active when the mist is in gaseous form, while it's inoffensive in liquid or solid (ice) form.
- November 9th, 2015: The Flightmare received a new animation.
- September 30th, 2016: The Titan Stage was released.
- When the Baby Flightmare fires, something strange pops from the model for a few seconds;
- Just like the Hotburple and the Scauldron, The War Paint does not replace the Hero skin with the custom skin.
- This has been updated and, now, it shows the custom colors.
- It's unknown why was the Flightmare choosen to be one of the Secondary Starter Dragons and not a member-starter instead;
- In October 10th, 2019, the Flightmare now has a special, pale blue glowing skin overlay that will stay until the end of Dreadfall in reference to Dreadfall's origin;
|Level||Attack Power||Fire Power||Healing Power||Health|