The Grapple Grounder is a Boulder Class dragon released on June 12th, 2015. It can be purchased for 750 gems (600 for members).
From the How to Train Your Dragon Wiki:
- "The Grapple Grounder is a very fast, springy, and dangerous Boulder Class dragon. It is snake-like in appearance, with four long skinny legs and a long body. The Grapple Grounder is ready to fight any dragon it meets, and it seems that this dragon shoots pulse blasts similar to those of a Night Fury."
For more information on the Grapple Grounder, click here.
The Panning Down of the Grapple GrounderEdit
The Grapple Grounder is a generally beloved dragon due to its uniqueness of being a serpent-esque dragon with a beautiful pattern around the whole body, the idea of how beautiful and wonderful it would've been for players flying in their serpent dragon, making waves during flight was that big. Essentially, the Grapple Grounder became one of the most requested and hyped dragons, possibly higher than the also most requested Stormcutter.
However, the Grapple Grounder people kept referring to was from the How To Train your Dragon 360 game, where the Grapple Grounder actually looked like a serpent, with its own unique wingspan and desing, what people didn't knew of is that Dragons: Rise of Berk did released their own Grapple Grounder in December 4th, 2014 and given how School of Dragons' Team likes to take influence of Rise of Berk's dragon desing, it was safe to assume this dragon was going to be doomed from the start without people knowing of the future problem that was going to be released with it.
Grapple Grounder released in June 12th, 2015 and, for the first few hours, the annnouncement image didn't raised the good interest that SoD' Team expected, if any, it raised dread and horror. When in-game images, gifs of the animation and video showcases came in, the Grapple Grounder got critically panned down by almost everyone for simple, noticeable reasons:
- The SoD' Team gave it the Night Fury model, resulting in the Grapple Grounder having a very out of model and wonky animation;
- The flight felt stiff, restricting, the dragon barely moved and didn't even approached a more aerodynamic position to fly;
- The neck was just broken, stiff, the dragon never displayed any form of indication that it's a serpent-esque dragon;
- The usage of RoB's model as opposed to the highly requested HTTYD 360 game's model was quite possibly the biggest kicker of the reasons - Some players went as far as to admit they lvoed the dragon but calling it a "Grapple Grounder" was an insult.
The dragon got panned down and hated for the lack of SoD' Team's effort and care for the dragons' appearance as well as multiple requests to change the dragon to look like the HTTYD 360 game's model start popping in immensely. SoD Team never updated the dragon nor improved its ever since it came out and it seems like any hopes for a fututre animation and model update are gone.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 http://forum.schoolofdragons.com/content/my-opinion-grapple-grounder
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 http://forum.schoolofdragons.com/content/grapple-grounder-please-read
- ↑ http://forum.schoolofdragons.com/content/grapple-grounders-well
- ↑ http://forum.schoolofdragons.com/content/grapple-grounders-well#comment-290459
- ↑ http://forum.schoolofdragons.com/content/grapple-grounders-well#comment-290451
|Level||Attack Power||Fire Power||Healing Power||Health|