The Hideous Zippleback is a Mystery Class Dragon released with the SoD's release and one of seven dragon breeds available to choose at the beginning of the game. It can also be purchased from the store for 225 gems (180 for members).
On April 13th, 2020, the Hideous Zippleback received a price adjustment and was increased to 250 Gems (200 for members).
From the School of Dragons Game Guide:
- "The Hideous Zippleback is a part of the Mystery Class, as said in the Journal of Dragons. The rare and unique ability these dragons have is the ‘Gas and Spark’. One head produces a thick green gas in the air while the other head can create sparks in his mouth to light the gas on fire and create a huge explosion. The Zippleback is known for its stealth and a decent firepower.
- "The two heads are often found quarreling and snapping at each other when one head disagrees with the other. However, they work extremely well together in combat, as the right head breathes a flammable green gas while the left head creates an electric spark to ignite it. Because of this unique attack, the Hideous Zippleback is considered to be one of the most dangerous types of dragons throughout the Isle of Berk."
For more information on the Hideous Zippleback, visit here.
The player will meet a wild Zippleback, named Fart n Sniff by the twins, in the quest Multi-head Bonanza from the Battle for the Edge expansion. It's trapped in a Dragon Hunter snare net, and the player will free it.
Fishlegs explains in the same quest that Snaptrappers and Zipplebacks probably have a common ancestors, but they changed their morphology over time due to a difference in diet. Zipplebacks supposedly have two heads because it helps it catch fish.
- The Titanwing stage was introduced on April 20th, 2016.
- Just like the Skrill, the Deadly Nadder and the Gronckle's War Paint, it slightly brigths the model;
- However, this gets fixed in the Titan Stage.
- When viewing the Titan Zippleback's extended tips, they disappear when viewed from below;
|Level||Attack Power||Fire Power||Healing Power||Health|
|Boneknapper||Buffalord||Crimson Goregutter||Deadly Nadder||Death Song|
|Hideous Zippleback||Hobgobbler||Monstrous Nightmare||Razorwhip||Rumblehorn|
|Sand Wraith||Scauldron||Stormcutter||Scuttleclaw||Screaming Death|
|Sentinel||Shockjaw||Skrill||Snow Wraith||Speed Stinger|
|Thunderdrum||Timberjack||Triple Stryke||Terrible Terror||Whispering Death|