The Scauldron is a Tidal Class dragon released on July 7th, 2014 that can be purchased for 750 gems (600 for members) from the store.
In March 7th, 2019, the Scauldron received its Titan Stage by popular demands.
On April 13th, 2020, the Scauldron received a price adjustment and was reduced to 500 Gems (400 for members).
From the How to Train Your Dragon Wiki:
- "Instead of breathing fire, Scauldrons have the ability to scald their victims. This ability comes from sucking in seawater, heating it in their cauldron-like stomachs, and then blasting their next victim with extreme force and heat. This is how they got their name. One hit from that hot water will finish off most enemies.
- "If you want to train a Scauldron, the best way to start is simply to cover yourself in water. Scauldrons are sentimental creatures who love anything that reminds them of home. They also like anything that smells like fish."
For more information on the Scauldron, visit here.
In Game Edit
In Changing Tides we meet Scauldy, a Scauldron that Ruffnut befriended in the Dragons: Defenders of Berk 's episode Free Scauldy. Ruffnut explains that Scauldron, being dragons that live in the ocean, are masters at following the tides. As a partially trained dragon, Scauldy seems to understand Ruffnut's request to find a fishing rod at the bottom of the ocean.
In Scauldron Safari we get to know wild Scauldrons up close. They are described as vicious dragons, that require cautions to be approached. Drenching oneself in water seems to lower the Scauldron's aggressiveness. We also learn that Scauldrons live in pods, that gives them various benefits: they hunt in cooperation, and they protect the babies together. They increase their hunt success, and the survival of the young dragons. Also, the babies learn how to hunt and survive by watching the adults.
In We Helpful Few one of the quest variants has a lost baby Scauldron that needs to be brought back to the sea.
In Beach Baby, we see another pod of Scauldrons with their babies. We get to know that if a Scauldron stays out of water for too long, they get injured. Scauldrons also make callings to stay in contact with each other [one of the variants of the quest].
- Just like the Hotburple, The War Paint does not replace the Hero skin with the custom skin. This has been fixed since the relese of the Titan;
- The Titan Stage was supposed to be released in 2018 as evidenced by the copyright mark in the poster.
- Possibly the glitchiest of Titan releases, the Scauldron model presents three glitches:
- The mouth is built in such a way just to be more rounder and wider, shooting stretches the mouth tremendously, making it even wider and unfinished-looking;
- One of the neck models is a bit broken and has a visible texture jittering that constantly changes texture depending on the movement;
- The wings and shoulders have a second layer that keeps overlaying and underlaying the real model;
|Level||Attack Power||Fire Power||Healing Power||Health|
Hatchling and AdulthoodEdit
|Boneknapper||Buffalord||Crimson Goregutter||Deadly Nadder||Death Song|
|Hideous Zippleback||Hobgobbler||Monstrous Nightmare||Razorwhip||Rumblehorn|
|Sand Wraith||Scauldron||Stormcutter||Scuttleclaw||Screaming Death|
|Sentinel||Shockjaw||Skrill||Snow Wraith||Speed Stinger|
|Thunderdrum||Timberjack||Triple Stryke||Terrible Terror||Whispering Death|