The Speed Stinger is a Sharp Class dragon introduced on April 24th, 2015. They can be purchased for 750 gems (600 for members) from the store.
As for 3rd of July, 2018, the Titan Stage was added.
From the How to Train Your Dragon Wiki:
- "The Speed Stinger is described as the Velociraptor of the Dragon World, being extremely intelligent and cunning. These dragons are ravenous scavengers, that will often steal from other dragons and Vikings but they probably also hunt. They live in packs, led by a Lead Stinger, and have a hive-like mindset. They hide under the shadows of the sun. The Lead Stinger decides everything, and the pack follows wherever he goes; without him or her, the pack becomes useless. Speed Stingers are nocturnal, spending the days in caverns in order to avoid predators. When attacking, they leap in the air and use their stinger to paralyze their victims. Any member of a Speed Stinger pack would be very loyal to their pack, and protect them at all costs, even from its own kind, or previous pack.
- "The Speed Stinger lives up to its name. It is the fastest dragon on land, hunts in packs, and can't fly like all the other dragons. However, with its super speed, it can jump higher than any other dragon. It is also shown to be good at stealth and is a highly intelligent dragon. Speed Stingers are nocturnal dragons, but can still be awaken during the day, usually because of an injury. Speed Stingers lack any flame usage. This is because all the internal flame energy goes to its powerful legs, which give it its speed, agility, and the capacity to jump high. Because of their thick hides and large amount of internal energy, Speed Stingers have great stamina for use in an entire night."
For more information on the Speed Stinger, visit here.
- info to be added -
Quest: The Hunter in the Blizzard Edit
While not seen in this quest, the player will found footprints of these dragons on Glacier Island. Heather will describe the dragons as really aggressive and migratory species. While it's not clear why they migrate, Heathers speculates it's for searching new prey. In the new territories where they arrive, they will behave like an invasive species, disrupting the original ecosystem by hunting on animals that live there, unbalancing the original food chain.
In the quest, they seem to have attacked a Snow Wraith, probably as a result of the competition for preys, as the Snow Wraith itself is a temible predator at the top of the food chain. This demonstrates that a pack of Speed Stingers can overcome a predator larger than them.
It is also confirmed that this species lives well in extremely cold climates, as both Icestorm Island and Glacier Island are covered in snow all time of the year.
- When the Speed Stinger jumps, it plays the wing flap sound despite being wingless.
- The Speed Stinger is one of the two dragon species found wild on Icestorm Island, the second being the Groncicle.
- Speed Stinger eggs are the most common dragon eggs to be offered as prizes from Gold battle event chests.
- The Speed Stinger is currently the dragon with the lowest shot limit; however, despite having 1 shot, each shot makes 50 damage and a critical shot is 100, making it the strongest dragon in terms of fire damage.
- Speed Stinger is currently the only playable non-flying dragon in game.
- There was a glitch where if the player changed the dragon in mid air to a Speed Stinger, the Speed Stinger could "fly". This glitch has been fixed since.
|Level||Attack Power||Fire Power||Healing Power||Health|