The Thunderdrum is a Tidal Class dragon and one of the seven breeds available to choose as your first dragon. It is also obtainable by purchasing its egg in the store for 300 gems (240 for members) or through special promotional codes provided with the purchase of Riders of Berk DVDs.
Note: The code can only be used once.
From the How to Train Your Dragon Wiki:
- "They form pods in hunt or on migration, and take care of each other and can be compassionate, and these features are similar to those of cetaceans. The Scauldrons also share at least the first of these traits (most of seen specimens had not been calm at times), and both of them are whale-like dragon kinds. This dragon is reclusive in nature, living in sea caves and dark tide pools or even in open waters.
- "Thunderdrums are so stubborn that they can be tough to be trained. Thunderdrums show a real soft side to any adolescents even if it's not their own. As they care for them a lot if they are in trouble, it can be used as a advantage to training. Training a Thunderdrum, especially as an adult is a challenge as Thunderdrums have a hard of hearing, being nearly deaf. Showing protection and gaining the Thunderdrum's trust is a easier way to train it, as seen by Stoick and Thornado. Adolescents also don't listen. It is easier to train one from birth or have an adult to help.
- "The name comes from its main mode of attack/defense. Instead of breathing fire, the Thunderdrum produces a strong concussive sound that can kill a human at close range. It is not only capable of temporally stunning other dragons, but also can even extinguish flames shot by other dragons. The blast is so powerful that the creature is said to "get its power from Thor himself." Only the Screaming Death has a tolerance with this attack (capable to stun it temporally). By combining roars by several individuals, the roars could be strengthen even further to be able to knock away several large dragons at mid-distance and instantly and literally blow them off. But instead for making vikings head explode Thunderdrum can make humans nearly death for short period of time.
- "Thunderdrums can also shoot blue blasts of flames that get bigger the farther they go. Those fire blasts also travel at the speed of sound. However, it takes a lot of energy to use, so they tend not to use it."
For more information on the Thunderdrum, visit here.
In Quests Edit
Quest: Poor Archaeologist Edit
Bing, Bam and Boom (Thornado's offspring) are found roaming around The Ship Graveyard. Apparently, Thunderdrums get along well with Mudrakers, as they are both Tidal Class dragons that generate energy in the form of sound waves.
Notable Thunderdrums Edit
- Thornado (Stoick's first dragon) is seen in several quests.
- Bing, Bam and Boom (Thornado's offspring) are also present in some quests.
- 7/25/13, version 1.03: Optimizations made to the Thunderdrum's animations. Freezes when receiving promo code messages fixed.
- 8/8/13, version 2.0: Size of teen Thunderdrum adjusted. Thunderdrum egg texture fixed
- The Titan Wing stage was introduced on July 6th, 2016
- Upon firing, the Thunderdrum hops and its entire body will "open" with its mouth simultaneously. However, if the player walks while firing, the limbs and both pair of wings (especially the second pair) will glitch out a little due to the mix between the walking animation and the firing animation.
- Since the Thunderdrum and the Changewing share the same animation, both jumping animations will loop the first two seconds and switch to the hovering animation.
|Level||Attack Power||Fire Power||Healing Power||Health|
|Boneknapper||Buffalord||Crimson Goregutter||Deadly Nadder||Death Song|
|Hideous Zippleback||Monstrous Nightmare||Razorwhip||Rumblehorn||Sand Wraith|
|Shockjaw||Skrill||Snow Wraith||Speed Stinger||Thunderdrum|
|Timberjack||Triple Stryke||Terrible Terror||Whispering Death||Woolly Howl|